Use the Configurator (to the right) to select: Hard Drive, Optical Drive, Memory, Airport Card, Power Adapter, Apple Mouse and Battery. Extended Warranty, Diagnostics Testing and Insurance must be added at time of purchase.
Product Includes: Computer, battery, AC adapter and power cord, Apple Mac OS, optional Microsoft Windows OS and optional Parrallels installed, iSight and iLife installed on hard drive. Paper manuals not included. Electronic versions are available online.Specifications for MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Small Dents (MA895LL/A) Macbook Pro Manuals
We've got you covered!
The GainSaver 30 Day Money Back Guarantee means you’re covered. If you don’t like the computer system you order from GainSaver, you can return it for any reason.
Send it back and GainSaver will:
- Replace your computer with the same or equivalent model
- Allow you to upgrade to a different computer or system configuration
- Refund your money
You can’t lose. Our "no questions asked" protection covers everything. So if you don’t like it, you don’t need to keep it. You have 30 days to make up your mind.
Need more coverage? Consider the GainSaver Extended Warranty
With GainSaver’s Extended Warranty programs, you can extend the protection provided by our 30 Day Guarantee for up to three years. If you have any trouble with your computer during the warranty period, send it back for a free replacement.
The Extended Warranty does not include accessories such as keyboards and power adapters. And returns under the Extended Warranty are for replacement or upgrade only, not refunds. For details, see the complete Terms and Conditions.
An Extended Warranty is the best investment you can make to ensure that you get full use of your computer. Extended Warranties are available for periods of
- 90 Days
- One Year
- Two Years
- Three Years
90 Day Extended Warranties start at just $25 depending on the system. If you have any questions call us at 800-844-4051.
GainSaver's selection of Certified Pre-Owned Macs gives you a lot more choices when it comes to buying a Mac. We offer dependable, fully tested Macs for far less money than the new ones available today. And you get it your way. Using GainSaver's Macintosh Configurator, you can customize your Mac to exactly match your own personal or business requirements. You're not stuck with a few limited configuration options. You get just what you want for the best price anywhere. And you get it now from our huge inventory.
Availability may be limited on certain models. Click or call now to ensure immediately delivery!Go To Top
l Go To Configurator
The Story of your Certified Pre-Owned Mac
The Certified Pre-Owned Macintosh computer you buy from GainSaver has been fully tested and certified by GainSaver's trained Apple technicians to verify every major component is in 100% working order. Our Certified Pre-Owned Macs come ready for you to boot up and use with the Apple OS installed.
The first step is receiving thousands of pre-owned Macintosh computers every month, mostly from corporate and academic environments. GainSaver purchases Apple systems in large lots with quantity discounts. That's how we can offer such a huge selection at the lowest prices anywhere. Once we have these great bargains on the shelf in our warehouse, we get to work adding value for you.
Our primary concern at GainSaver is to make sure you get a fully functioning Macintosh that gives you years of exceptional service. So the next thing we do is take apart every unit that comes in. GainSaver technicians remove each component for individual inspection. The hard drive, optical drive and memory are all tested separately outside the computer. Then the motherboard is tested, and in the case of notebook computers, the keyboard, touch pad and screen.
Next the hard drive is reformatted, removing any trace of what the last owner had installed on the system. The process also verifies hard drive functionality and ensures the drive has no bad sectors. Then the Apple OS is installed, so you have everything you need to use your Mac.
Then we put it all together.
Once all components are checked, the unit is reassembled and tested one final time. At this point, we can guarantee the Macintosh you buy is working flawlessly, and mark it Certified Pre-Owned for your protection.
GainSaver Macs are Certified Pre-Owned. We're here to help. Call or click now!
How to customize your Mac with the Macintosh Configurator
When you buy a Certified Pre-Owned Macintosh from GainSaver, you get exactly what you want. No more and no less. Every order is customized to your needs with the Macintosh Configurator at the top of the page. Just select the configuration options you want from the Configurator's menus. When you're done, click the Buy Now button. Below are some things to consider when you make your selections.
Go To Top
The hard drive is where all of your programs, documents, songs, images and videos are stored. Hard drive sizes are measured in gigabytes, so "250GB" means the hard drive has 250 gigabytes. One gigabyte of storage can hold about 10 music CDs. That's about 250 songs in MP3 format which can be played on your iPod. A DVD movie takes up a lot of hard drive space, anywhere from 5 to 10GB. And the Mac OS takes up even more hard drive space.
Basically, the more hard drive space you have, the better. People hate to delete things they have collected, like favorite songs and family pictures. So you should get a bit more than you think you are going to really need. New Apple Macs come standard with up to 250GB hard drives. They keep getting bigger every year because people are always installing more programs and downloading more and more files. Plan ahead and get at least 160GB.
You should get even bigger than this if you are doing any image processing, video or music production with your Mac. In that case the 500GB is recommended.
Optical drives play CDs and DVDs. Apple has two kinds of optical drives, the SuperDrive and the Combo drive.
The Combo drive came first. It was a big advance over the CD drive, which played and recorded on CDs only.
The Combo drive also plays DVDs. You can watch DVD movies on your Mac with a Combo drive, but you cannot record on DVDs, only on CDs. Recording on DVDs requires the SuperDrive.
The SuperDrive does it all: play and record on CDs and DVDs. Writing on DVDs is a great benefit, because you can store up to 4.7GB of data on one single-sided DVD disc. This is about 8 times more than you can store on a single CD. This makes DVDs perfect for inexpensive backup of your entire hard drive, or at least your critical documents, songs and family pictures.
Selecting the right amount of memory for your needs is one of the most important decisions when you customize your pre-owned Mac. Memory is different from hard drive space, which is for permanent storage of your files and data. The Mac can't do anything with that data until it is actually transferred from the hard drive into memory. Hard drive data is sort of like information in a book. You can't think about it until you've read it into your own memory.
Computer memory is measured in megabytes and gigabytes. The best amount for you depends on the programs you plan to use, and how many programs you are going to run at the same time. The Mac OS comes preinstalled on all pre-owned Macs from GainSaver. The minimum requirements are 256MB of memory. However, this is the bare minimum. With only 256MB of memory what happens is that the operating system and the programs you run have to keep saving to the hard drive and swapping data back and forth between memory and the hard drive in order to run. This is like your Mac having a short term memory. It has to keep looking things up on the hard drive, and this really slows things down.
The same thing happens again if your programs or data files become bigger than what can be handled in memory at the same time. So the way to get the best performance is to get as much memory as you can. You should always get at least 512MB. If you are creating graphics and doing image processing, then you should get 1GB minimum. And if you are working with real time audio and video production, get the max your Mac can support.
Wireless Apple Card
You'll want to keep your Mac connected to the internet. The fastest, easiest way to do that is with Apple's Airport Extreme Card (or Airport Card for older Macs). The Airport Extreme Card is the standard for connecting wirelessly. More and more public places such as schools, office buildings and even coffee shops offer free Wi-Fi access to the internet. All you need is the Airport Card to take advantage of it. You can also exchange files with other nearby Macs that have Airport capability, play multi-player games or even do some serious work. And because the signal travels through walls, you don't even need to be in the same room.
Make sure to add the Airport Extreme Card (or Airport Card) with the Mac Configurator. The alternative is being anchored to your desk with an ethernet cable.
l Go To Configurator
What about scratches?
This is an important issue to some people. GainSaver technicians can fix just about everything but the minor dings and scratches. If some blemishes on the exterior are a problem, you may want to consider spending more and buying a new Mac.
Most people don't mind the scratches. We have customers who order Power Macs with a dented case and think about just how much they saved every time they see the dent. Some can tolerate just a few marks and scratches, and finally there's the group that prefers to buy their Certified Pre-Owned PowerMacs in a brand-new-from-the-factory case.
The important thing is that you are not surprised. Expect some dings and scratches. But because these are Certified Pre-Owned from GainSaver, you know they are guaranteed to perform as advertised.
Save the smart way with Pre-Owned!Don't worry!
The GainSaver 30 Day Money Back Guarantee means you’re protected. If you don’t like the computer system you order from GainSaver, you can return it for any reason. We are happy to work with you to make sure you get the computer you want at the price you want. For personal service give us a try. Call Now: 800-844-4051
GainSaver technicians test every component of each Mac before it is shipped out. However, there are certain problems that can only be uncovered through extended diagnostics testing over a period of 24 hours. Some hardware problems don't appear until the computer has been turned on and running for at least a few hours. This is especially true of the mother board, ports and LCD screen in Macs that include a screen.
Diagnostics Testing is done after final assembly of your custom configured Mac. Software programs put the computer through a battery of tests and monitor performance. The test results are analyzed and any necessary changes are made.
The Macintosh is famous for its ruggedness. Millions of older Macs are still in operation and still supported by Apple's application and system software programs. That's the whole point of getting a Certified Pre-Owned Mac from GainSaver. You want to use it as long as possible.
A Mac is not like most electronic devices you buy and end up never using. Six months later they are in a drawer somewhere. But you know you will use your Mac every day, and you will use it until it stops working. At that point it will need to be replaced. With this in mind, you should consider GainSaver's Extended Warranty protection. You can purchase additional coverage for 90 days, or 1, 2 or 3 years.
The GainSaver warranty is the best anywhere, even better than Apple's own warranty on new Macs. The GainSaver Extended Warranty covers any and all damage that occurs through normal use. Every hardware component is included, from hard drive to memory to keyboard to screen. The coverage is even transferable if you sell it to someone else during the warranty period. This type of protection is not available anywhere. It's a big reason why people choose GainSaver and keep coming back for Certified Pre-Owned Macs they can count on for years of service.
GainSaver offers shipping insurance to save you time and money in the event of delivery problems.
Our warehouse professionals package your Mac carefully and securely to make sure it arrives in one piece. But accidents can happen during shipping. And when they do, it can take a while for claims to be put in and repairs made to your computer. When you add GainSaver insurance, we will repair or replace your equipment free of charge in the event of damage during shipping.
Select Insurance from the Configurator if you really need your Mac right now, no matter what happens.
Go To Top l Go To Configurator
MacBook Pro (Late 2007, 2.4/2.2GHz) - Technical SpecificationsMacBook Pro 15.4-inch, 2.2GHz (MA895LL/A)MacBook Pro 15.4-inch, 2.4GHz (MA896LL/A) MacBook Pro 17-inch, 2.4GHz (MA897LL/A)Processor and memory
- 15-inch MacBook Pro - 2.2GHz, 2.4GHz, or 2.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 4MB on-chip shared L2 cache running 1:1 with processor speed
- 17-inch MacBook Pro - 2.4GHz or 2.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 4MB on-chip shared L2 cache running 1:1 with processor speed
- 800MHz frontside bus
- Configurable Memory
- One FireWire 400 port at up to 400 Mbps
- One FireWire 800 port at up to 800 Mbps
- 15-inch MacBook Pro - Two 480-Mbps USB 2.0 ports
- 17-inch MacBook Pro - Three 480-Mbps USB 2.0 ports
- ExpressCard/34 slot
Battery and power
- Kensington cable lock slot
- 15-inch MacBook Pro – Configurable Battery
- 17-inch MacBook Pro – Configurable Battery
- MagSafe power adapter port
- Optional AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi wireless networking (based on an IEEE 802.11n draft specification); IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Built-in Bluetooth 2.0+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
- Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
- Combined optical digital input/audio line in (minijack)
- Combined optical digital output/headphone out (minijack)
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Internal omnidirectional microphone (located under left speaker grille)
Video and graphics support
- 15-inch MacBook Pro
- 15.4-inch (diagonal) TFT LED backlit display with support for millions of colors; optional glossy widescreen display
- Supported resolutions: 1440 by 900 (native), 1280 by 800, 1152 by 720, 1024 by 640, and 800 by 500 at 16:10 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 at 4:3 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 at 4:3 aspect ratio stretched; 720 by 480 at 3:2 aspect ratio; 720 by 480 at 3:2 aspect ratio stretched
- 17-inch MacBook Pro
- 17-inch (diagonal) TFT display with support for millions of colors; optional glossy widescreen display
- Supported resolutions: 1680 by 1050 (native), 1280 by 800, 1152 by 720, 1024 by 640, and 800 by 500 at 16:10 aspect ratio; 1280 by 1024 at 5:4 aspect ratio; 1280 by 1024 at 5:4 aspect ratio stretched; 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 at 4:3 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 at 4:3 aspect ratio stretched; 720 by 480 at 3:2 aspect ratio; 720 by 480 at 3:2 aspect ratio stretched
- Optional 17-inch (diagonal) TFT widescreen display with support for millions of colors; optional glossy widescreen display. Supported resolutions: 1920 by 1200 (native), 1680 by 1050, 1280 by 800, 1152 by 720, 1024 by 640, and 800 by 500 at 16:10 aspect ratio; 1280 by 1024 at 5:4 aspect ratio; 1280 by 1024 at 5:4 aspect ratio stretched; 1600 by 1200, 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 at 4:3 aspect ratio; 1600 by 1200, 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 at 4:3 aspect ratio stretched; 720 by 480 at 3:2 aspect ratio; 720 by 480 at 3:2 aspect ratio stretched
- 15-inch MacBook Pro
- NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics processor with dual-link DVI support; 128MB of GDDR3 SDRAM on 2.2GHz configuration; 256MB of GDDR3 SDRAM on 2.4GHz and 2.6GHz configurations
- 17-inch MacBook Pro
- NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics processor with dual-link DVI support and 256MB of GDDR3 SDRAM
- Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
- DVI output port
- VGA output
- Built-in iSight camera
15-inch MacBook Pro – Configurable Hard Drive and Optical Drive Input
17-inch MacBook Pro – Configurable Hard Drive and Optical Drive
Electrical and environmental requirements
- Built-in full-size keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys, 4 arrow keys (inverted “T” arrangement), and embedded numeric keypad
- Backlit keyboard with ambient light sensors for automatic adjustment of keyboard illumination and screen brightness
- Solid-state scrolling trackpad for precise cursor control; supports two-finger scrolling, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
Size and weight
- Meets ENERGY STAR requirements
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- DC input: 18.5 Vdc, 4.6A maximum
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -13° to 113° F (-24° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
- 15-inch MacBook Pro
- Height: 1.0 inch (2.59 cm)
- Width: 14.1 inches (35.7 cm)
- Depth: 9.6 inches (24.3 cm)
- Weight: 5.4 pounds (2.45 kg) with battery and optical drive installed
- 17-inch MacBook Pro
- Height: 1.0 inch (2.59 cm)
- Width: 15.4 inches (39.2 cm)
- Depth: 10.4 inches (26.5 cm)
- Weight: 6.8 pounds (3.08 kg) with battery and optical drive installed
15.4-inch: 2.2GHz (MA895LL/A)
15.4-inch: 2.4GHz (MA896LL/A)
17-inch: 2.4GHz (MA897LL/A)
15.4-inch (diagonal), 1440 by 900 resolution, TFT widescreen
17-inch (diagonal), 1680 by 1050 resolution, TFT widescreen
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
PCI Express graphics
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 128MB of GDDR3 SDRAM and dual-link DVI
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 SDRAM and dual-link DVI
Hard disk drive
Slot-loading optical drive
One FireWire 400, one FireWire 800, two USB 2.0 ports, and ExpressCard/34 slot
One FireWire 400, one FireWire 800, three USB 2.0 ports, and ExpressCard/34 slot
Built-in iSight camera
Combined optical digital input/audio line in, combined optical digital output/headphone out, stereo speakers, microphone
Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T (Gigabit)
Optional AirPort Extreme (802.11n); built-in Bluetooth 2.0+EDR
Apple USB Modem (sold separately)
Full-size, illuminated keyboard with ambient light sensor; scrolling trackpad
14.1 by 9.6 inches
15.4 by 10.4 inches
Go To Top l Go To Configurator