Use the Configurator above to select the Hard Drive, Memory and other options. Extended Warranty, Diagnostics Testing and Insurance must be added at time of purchase.
Product Includes: Computer, battery, AC adapter, power cord and OS installed on hard drive. Paper manuals not included. Electronic versions are available online.
We've got you covered!
Specs for IBM Thinkpad X61 Core 2 Duo 1.4-2.4GHz Series 12.1" Display
The GainSaver 30 Day Money Back Guarantee means you’re covered. If you don’t like the computer system you order from GainSaver, you can return it for any reason.
Send it back and GainSaver will:
- Replace your computer with the same or equivalent model
- Allow you to upgrade to a different computer or system configuration
- Refund your money
You can’t lose. Our "no questions asked" protection covers everything. So if you don’t like it, you don’t need to keep it. You have 30 days to make up your mind.
Need more coverage? Consider the GainSaver Extended Warranty
With GainSaver’s Extended Warranty programs, you can extend the protection provided by our 30 Day Guarantee for up to three years. If you have any trouble with your computer during the warranty period, send it back for a free replacement.
The Extended Warranty does not include accessories such as keyboards and power adapters. And returns under the Extended Warranty are for replacement or upgrade only, not refunds. For details, see the complete Terms and Conditions.
An Extended Warranty is the best investment you can make to ensure that you get full use of your computer. Extended Warranties are available for periods of
- 90 Days
- One Year
- Two Years
- Three Years
90 Day Extended Warranties start at just $25 depending on the system. If you have any questions call us at 800-844-4051.
GainSaver's selection of Certified Pre-Owned Macs gives you a lot more choices when it comes to buying a Mac. We offer dependable, fully tested Macs for far less money than the new ones available today. And you get it your way. Using GainSaver's Macintosh Configurator, you can customize your Mac to exactly match your own personal or business requirements. You're not stuck with a few limited configuration options. You get just what you want for the best price anywhere. And you get it now from our huge inventory.
Availability may be limited on certain models. Click or call now to ensure immediately delivery!Go To Top
l Go To Configurator
The Story of your Certified Pre-Owned Computer
The Certified Pre-Owned computer you buy from GainSaver has been fully tested and certified by GainSaver's trained technicians to verify every major component is in 100% working order. Our Certified Pre-Owned computers come ready for you to boot up and use.
The first step is receiving thousands of Pre-Owned computers every month, mostly from corporate and academic environments. GainSaver purchases computer systems in large lots with quantity discounts. That's how we can offer such a huge selection at the lowest prices anywhere. Once we have these great bargains on the shelf in our warehouse, we get to work adding value for you.
Our primary concern at GainSaver is to make sure you get a fully functioning Computer that gives you years of exceptional service. So the next thing we do is take apart every unit that comes in. GainSaver technicians remove each component for individual inspection. The hard drive, optical drive and memory are all tested separately outside the computer. Then the motherboard is tested, and in the case of notebook computers, the keyboard, touch pad and screen.
Next the hard drive is reformatted, removing any trace of what the last owner had installed on the system. The process also verifies hard drive functionality and ensures the drive has no bad sectors.
Then we put it all together. Once all components are checked, the unit is reassembled and tested one final time. At this point, we can guarantee the computer you buy is working flawlessly, and mark it Certified Pre-Owned for your protection.
GainSaver computers are Certified Pre-Owned. We're here to help. Call or click now!
How to customize your computer with the Configurator
When you buy a Certified Pre-Owned computer from GainSaver, you get exactly what you want. No more and no less. Every order is customized to your needs with the Configurator at the top of the page. Just select the configuration options you want from the Configurator's menus. When you're done, click the Buy Now button. Below are some things to consider when you make your selections.
Go To Top
The hard drive is where all of your programs, documents, songs, images and videos are stored. Hard drive sizes are measured in gigabytes, so "250GB" means the hard drive has 250 gigabytes. One gigabyte of storage can hold about 10 music CDs. That's about 250 songs in MP3 format which can be played on your iPod. A DVD movie takes up a lot of hard drive space, anywhere from 5 to 10GB.
Basically, the more hard drive space you have, the better. People hate to delete things they have collected, like favorite songs and family pictures. So you should get a bit more than you think you are going to really need. We suggest you plan ahead and get at least 250GB. You should get even bigger than this if you are doing any image processing, video or music production. In that case the 500GB is recommended.
Optical drives play CDs and DVDs. The CD-RW/DVD-RW and the CD-RW/DVD-R. The CD-RW/DVD-R drive came first. It was a big advance over the CD drive, which played and recorded on CDs only. The CD-RW/DVD-R drive also plays DVDs. You can watch DVD movies on your computer with a CD-RW/DVD-R drive, but you cannot record on DVDs, only on CDs. Recording on DVDs requires the CD-RW/DVD-RW.
The CD-RW/DVD-RW does it all: play and record on CDs and DVDs. Writing on DVDs is a great benefit, because you can store up to 4.7GB of data on one single-sided DVD disc. This is about 8 times more than you can store on a single CD. This makes DVDs perfect for inexpensive backup of your entire hard drive, or at least your critical documents, songs and family pictures.
Selecting the right amount of memory for your needs is one of the most important decisions when you customize your . Memory is different from hard drive space, which is for permanent storage of your files and data. Computers can't do anything with that data until it is actually transferred from the hard drive into memory. Hard drive data is sort of like information in a book. You can't think about it until you've read it into your own memory.
Computer memory is measured in megabytes and gigabytes. The best amount for you depends on the programs you plan to use, and how many programs you are going to run at the same time.
You will need at least 512MB for the operating system at a bare minimum. Even with 512MB of memory, what happens is that the operating system and the programs you run have to keep saving to the hard drive and swapping data back and forth between memory and the hard drive in order to run. This is like your computer having a short term memory. It has to keep looking things up on the hard drive, and this really slows things down.
The same thing happens again if your programs or data files become bigger than what can be handled in memory at the same time. So the way to get the best performance is to get as much memory as you can. You should always get at least 1GB. If you are creating graphics and doing image processing, then you should get more than that. And if you are working with real time audio and video production, get the max your can support.
l Go To Configurator
What about scratches?
This is an important issue to some people. GainSaver technicians can fix just about everything but the minor dings and scratches. If some blemishes on the exterior are a problem, you may want to consider spending more and buying a new computer.
The important thing is that you are not surprised. Expect some dings and scratches. But because these are Certified Pre-Owned from GainSaver, you know they are guaranteed to perform as advertised.
Save the smart way with Pre-Owned!
If you are not totally satisfied for any reason, you can return the system to GainSaver for exchange or full store credit. We are happy to work with you to make sure you get the computer you want at the price you want. For personal service give us a try. Call Now: 800-844-4051Go To Top
l Go To Configurator
GainSaver technicians test every component of each computer before it is shipped out. However, there are certain problems that can only be uncovered through extended diagnostics testing over a period of 24 hours. Some hardware problems don't appear until the computer has been turned on and running for at least a few hours.
Diagnostics Testing is done after final assembly of your custom configured computer. Software programs put the computer through a battery of tests and monitor performance. The test results are analyzed and any necessary changes are made.
A computer is not like most electronic devices you buy and end up never using. Six months later they are in a drawer somewhere. But you know you will use your computer every day, and you will use it until it stops working. At that point it will need to be replaced. With this in mind, you should consider GainSaver's Extended Warranty protection. Thirty day's of coverage is included with your Certified Pre-Owned computer. You can purchase additional coverage for 90 days, or 1, 2 or 3 years.
The GainSaver Extended Warranty covers any and all damage that occurs through normal use. Every hardware component is included, from hard drive to memory to keyboard to screen. The coverage is even transferable if you sell it to someone else during the warranty period. This type of protection is not available anywhere. It's a big reason why people choose GainSaver and keep coming back for Certified Pre-Owned computers they can count on for years of service.
GainSaver offers shipping insurance to save you time and money in the event of delivery problems.
We use FedEx exclusively to make sure your computer arrives in one piece. But accidents can happen. And when they do, it can take a while for claims to be put in and repairs made to your computer. When you add GainSaver insurance, we will repair or replace your equipment free of charge in the event of damage during shipping.
Select Insurance from the Configurator if you really need your computer right now, no matter what happens.
Go To Top l Go To Configurator
IBM Thinkpad X61 - Technical Specifications
- Chipset is AD1984 Codec (Soft Audio)
- One 0.5W internal speaker (mono)
- Supports Microsoft DirectSound applications
- Volume up, down, and mute buttons
- Integrated microphone
- Three 1/8" audio jacks:
- - One for external stereo speakers or headphone (green)
- - One for an external microphone (pink)
- - One for line-in
- 89-key keyboard with imbedded numeric keypad and integrated TrackPoint(TM) with enhanced features
- The keyboard has a Fn key which is a special key and is located in the lower left corner. The Fn key allows the user to instantly activate the following operational features by pressing the Fn key and a designated function key:
- - Standby/Suspend/Hibernation
- - Switching between Display devices
- - Enabling or disabling the wireless features
- - Launching EasyEject Utility
- ThinkVantage button, allowing one-touch entry into the ThinkVantage Productivity Center
- Spill-resistant keyboard
- Digitizer (Sensor board and Pen)- the ability to take handwritten notes or edit exiting documents directly on your screen
- TrackPoint with Press-to-Select, Internet scroll, and magnifying glass features for accurate and convenient control
- 56K v.90 (V.92-designed)
- Bluetooth (select models)
- Note: Public network download speeds are limited to 53kbps. Upload speeds are limited to 31.2kbps. Actual speeds depend on many factors and are often less than the maximum stated.
- - 1Gb Ethernet soldered on system board
- Wireless LAN (select models)
- One Mini PCI Type-I or one Type-II slot
- One Communications Daughter Card slot
- Ultrabay slim slot is available via the X6 Tablet UltraBase
- Three USB version 2.0
- One Ethernet RJ45 with 2 LEDs
- One RJ11 for modem enabled systems
- IEEE 1394
- Secure Digital (SD) card slot
- One DB-15 external display
- Audio line out and microphone in ports
- Conforms to the PC Card Standard 95
- The Type II slot can accommodate one Type I or one Type II
- 16-bit Release 2.1 card standard and the new 32-bit CardBus cards are supported
- Ricoh Card Bus/PCMCIA Controller R5C843
- Width: 274mm (10.8in)
- - 244mm (9.6in) 4 cell battery
- - 267mm (10.5n) for models 8 cell battery
- - Minimum: 27mm (1.1in)
- - Maximum: 33mm (1.3in)
- - Minimum: 1.71kg (3.77lb)
- - Maximum: 1.93kg (4.25lb)
- Security chip (TCPA/Crypt 3) on selected models
- Locking device in the security slot provides physical security.
- Fingerprint reader on selected models, offers users a convenient solution, authenticate at system startup and log on to Windows with a swipe of your finger.
- A Power-on password (POP) protects the system from unauthorized use. If a POP is set, the password prompt appears:
- - Each time the system is turned on
- - When the system is returned to normal operation from suspend mode
- A Supervisor Password provides a higher level of security than the POP. The Supervisor Password protects the system functions from being used by unauthorized users, and protects the hardware configuration from unauthorized modification.
- A Hard Drive Password (HDP) protects hard drive data from unauthorized users. Once HDP is set, data on the hard drive cannot be accessed without the correct HDP. Because the HDP is stored in the hard drive, the data remains protected even if the hard drive is removed to another system. The HDP password prompt appears:
- - Each time the system is turned on
- Configurable Operating system
- Available external option using USB
- Available external option using USB
Go To Top
- 170° viewing angle with standard anti-glare and anti-reflective screen coatings. This LCD has a unique swivel hinge which allows the screen to rotate 180° and fold back for tablet use. This provides the flexibility to take handwritten notes directly on the screen with the Tablet Digitizer Pen or via touch screen on select models. The touch screen LCDs are MultiView/MultiTouch screen and viewable indoors and outdoors.
- Optional 12.1in MultiView/MultiTouch XGA TFT display with 1024 x 768 TouchScreen (select models)
l Go To Configurator