Use the Configurator above to select the Hard Drive, Memory and other options. Extended Warranty, Diagnostics Testing and Insurance must be added at time of purchase.
Product Includes: Computer, battery, AC adapter, power cord and OS installed on hard drive. Paper manuals not included. Electronic versions are available online.
Specs for IBM Thinkpad R60 Core 2 Duo 1.46-2.16GHz Series 14.1-15" Display
The Story of your Certified Pre-Owned Computer
The Certified Pre-Owned computer you buy from GainSaver has been fully tested and certified by GainSaver's trained technicians to verify every major component is in 100% working order. Our Certified Pre-Owned computers come ready for you to boot up and use.
The first step is receiving thousands of Pre-Owned computers every month, mostly from corporate and academic environments. GainSaver purchases computer systems in large lots with quantity discounts. That's how we can offer such a huge selection at the lowest prices anywhere. Once we have these great bargains on the shelf in our warehouse, we get to work adding value for you.
Our primary concern at GainSaver is to make sure you get a fully functioning Computer that gives you years of exceptional service. So the next thing we do is take apart every unit that comes in. GainSaver technicians remove each component for individual inspection. The hard drive, optical drive and memory are all tested separately outside the computer. Then the motherboard is tested, and in the case of notebook computers, the keyboard, touch pad and screen.
Next the hard drive is reformatted, removing any trace of what the last owner had installed on the system. The process also verifies hard drive functionality and ensures the drive has no bad sectors.
Then we put it all together. Once all components are checked, the unit is reassembled and tested one final time. At this point, we can guarantee the computer you buy is working flawlessly, and mark it Certified Pre-Owned for your protection.
GainSaver computers are Certified Pre-Owned. We're here to help. Call or click now!
How to customize your computer with the Configurator
When you buy a Certified Pre-Owned computer from GainSaver, you get exactly what you want. No more and no less. Every order is customized to your needs with the Configurator at the top of the page. Just select the configuration options you want from the Configurator's menus. When you're done, click the Buy Now button. Below are some things to consider when you make your selections.
Go To Top
The hard drive is where all of your programs, documents, songs, images and videos are stored. Hard drive sizes are measured in gigabytes, so "250GB" means the hard drive has 250 gigabytes. One gigabyte of storage can hold about 10 music CDs. That's about 250 songs in MP3 format which can be played on your iPod. A DVD movie takes up a lot of hard drive space, anywhere from 5 to 10GB.
Basically, the more hard drive space you have, the better. People hate to delete things they have collected, like favorite songs and family pictures. So you should get a bit more than you think you are going to really need. We suggest you plan ahead and get at least 250GB. You should get even bigger than this if you are doing any image processing, video or music production. In that case the 500GB is recommended.
Optical drives play CDs and DVDs. The CD-RW/DVD-RW and the CD-RW/DVD-R. The CD-RW/DVD-R drive came first. It was a big advance over the CD drive, which played and recorded on CDs only. The CD-RW/DVD-R drive also plays DVDs. You can watch DVD movies on your computer with a CD-RW/DVD-R drive, but you cannot record on DVDs, only on CDs. Recording on DVDs requires the CD-RW/DVD-RW.
The CD-RW/DVD-RW does it all: play and record on CDs and DVDs. Writing on DVDs is a great benefit, because you can store up to 4.7GB of data on one single-sided DVD disc. This is about 8 times more than you can store on a single CD. This makes DVDs perfect for inexpensive backup of your entire hard drive, or at least your critical documents, songs and family pictures.
Selecting the right amount of memory for your needs is one of the most important decisions when you customize your . Memory is different from hard drive space, which is for permanent storage of your files and data. Computers can't do anything with that data until it is actually transferred from the hard drive into memory. Hard drive data is sort of like information in a book. You can't think about it until you've read it into your own memory.
Computer memory is measured in megabytes and gigabytes. The best amount for you depends on the programs you plan to use, and how many programs you are going to run at the same time.
You will need at least 512MB for the operating system at a bare minimum. Even with 512MB of memory, what happens is that the operating system and the programs you run have to keep saving to the hard drive and swapping data back and forth between memory and the hard drive in order to run. This is like your computer having a short term memory. It has to keep looking things up on the hard drive, and this really slows things down.
The same thing happens again if your programs or data files become bigger than what can be handled in memory at the same time. So the way to get the best performance is to get as much memory as you can. You should always get at least 1GB. If you are creating graphics and doing image processing, then you should get more than that. And if you are working with real time audio and video production, get the max your can support.
l Go To Configurator
What about scratches?
This is an important issue to some people. GainSaver technicians can fix just about everything but the minor dings and scratches. If some blemishes on the exterior are a problem, you may want to consider spending more and buying a new computer.
The important thing is that you are not surprised. Expect some dings and scratches. But because these are Certified Pre-Owned from GainSaver, you know they are guaranteed to perform as advertised.
Save the smart way with Pre-Owned!
If you are not totally satisfied for any reason, you can return the system to GainSaver for exchange or full store credit. We are happy to work with you to make sure you get the computer you want at the price you want. For personal service give us a try. Call Now: 800-844-4051Go To Top
l Go To Configurator
GainSaver technicians test every component of each computer before it is shipped out. However, there are certain problems that can only be uncovered through extended diagnostics testing over a period of 24 hours. Some hardware problems don't appear until the computer has been turned on and running for at least a few hours.
Diagnostics Testing is done after final assembly of your custom configured computer. Software programs put the computer through a battery of tests and monitor performance. The test results are analyzed and any necessary changes are made.
A computer is not like most electronic devices you buy and end up never using. Six months later they are in a drawer somewhere. But you know you will use your computer every day, and you will use it until it stops working. At that point it will need to be replaced. With this in mind, you should consider GainSaver's Extended Warranty protection. Thirty day's of coverage is included with your Certified Pre-Owned computer. You can purchase additional coverage for 90 days, or 1, 2 or 3 years.
The GainSaver Extended Warranty covers any and all damage that occurs through normal use. Every hardware component is included, from hard drive to memory to keyboard to screen. The coverage is even transferable if you sell it to someone else during the warranty period. This type of protection is not available anywhere. It's a big reason why people choose GainSaver and keep coming back for Certified Pre-Owned computers they can count on for years of service.
GainSaver offers shipping insurance to save you time and money in the event of delivery problems.
We use FedEx exclusively to make sure your computer arrives in one piece. But accidents can happen. And when they do, it can take a while for claims to be put in and repairs made to your computer. When you add GainSaver insurance, we will repair or replace your equipment free of charge in the event of damage during shipping.
Select Insurance from the Configurator if you really need your computer right now, no matter what happens.
Go To Top l Go To Configurator
IBM Thinkpad R60 - Technical Specifications
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Software control volume
- A monaural microphone jack
- A built-in stereo headphone jack
- A built-in microphone
- Embedded numeric keypad and integrated UltraNav dual-pointing system, featuring TrackPoint and customized touch pad for the ultimate in pointing flexibility.
- ThinkVantage button, ThinkLight keyboard light, individual volume up, down, and mute buttons.
- The keyboard has a Fn key which is a special key and is located in the lower left corner. The Fn key allows the user to instantly activate the following operational features by pressing the Fn key and a designated function key:
- - Standby/Suspend/Hibernation
- - Switching between Display device
- Fingerprint reader is integrated into the palm rest of the ThinkPad notebook computer to prevent unauthorized access to your notebook and data.
- All systems come with the UltraNav dual-pointing system, featuring TrackPoint and customized touch pad for the ultimate in pointing flexibility is a part of the keyboard. The TrackPoint features Press-to-Select, Internet scroll, and magnifying glass for accurate and convenient control.
- 1Gb Ethernet installed on systems via the system board.
- ThinkPad 802.11abg (3945) Mini PCI Express wireless adapter on selected models.
- Intel 802.11abg Mini PCI Express wireless adapter on selected models.
- Bluetooth/Modem combo card on selected models.
- Integrated Sierra Wireless CDMA2000 Network Adapter for Verizon Wireless Broadband Access on selected models.
- One integrated, easy-loading modular Ultrabay Slim
- Type II PC Card for lower slot
- One ExpressCard / 34 module, 54 module for upper slot
- Three USB ports version 2.0
- Docking connector
- Audio ports
- - External stereo speakers or headphone
- - Microphone-in
- CRT port for external monitor
- Built-in RJ-11 and RJ-45 connectors for telephony and LAN connections
- Conforms to the PC Card Standard 95
- Type II slot
- Both the 16-bit Release 2.1 card standard and the 32-bit CardBus card are supported.
For systems with 358.1-mm (14.1-in) TFT display:
- Width: 358.1 mm (14.1 in) to 314 mm (12.4 in)
- Depth: 358.1 mm (14.1 in) to 260 mm (10.2 in)
- Height: 26.6 to 31 mm (1.0 to 1.2 in)
- Configured system weight:
- - With travel bezel: 2.47 kg (5.4 lb)
- - Configured system: 2.6 kg (5.8 lb)
For systems with 381.0-mm (15.0-in) TFT display:
- Width: 381 mm (15.0 in): 332 mm (13.1 in)
- Depth: 381 mm (15.0 in): 269 mm (10.6 in)
- Height: 31 to 40 mm (1.2 to 1.58 in)
- Configured system weight:
- - With travel bezel: 2.84 kg (6.2 lb) - 2.9 kg (6.3 lb)
- - Configured system: 3.2 kg (7.1 lb) - 2.9 kg (6.3 lb)
- Security Chip on selected models
- Fingerprint reader on selected models, offers users a convenient solution, authenticate at system startup and log on to Windows with a swipe of your finger.
- Locking device in the security slot provides physical security.
- The Embedded Security Subsystem provides for authentication and encryption of data communications.
- Power-on passwords help protect the system from unauthorized use. If a power-on password is set, the password prompt appears:
- Each time the system is turned on.
- When the system is returned to normal operation from suspend mode.
- Configurable operating system
Go To Top
l Go To Configurator